Wednesday, June 26, 2013

L'estate.

Well ciao belli there. School finished three weeks ago. It's all about to be over too fast. One minute I feel like I have all the time I want here, but then the next I check my countdown and mancano pochissimi giorni (there are only a few days left).

When school got out, my class got together and threw a really fun spuntino (party type thing) in the countryside.


Chiara!


Maria ed Io

Classe mia/My class

Costa and Pessei and me

Looking back at this year, my friend Sara and I have done tantissima roba (so much stuff) together. We've experienced and helped each other through the extremely difficult and beautiful Italian life.


 

We jumped into a fountain in a piazza in Nuoro.

We went to the beach.

Sardegna, qualche volta isola delle pecore (island of the sheep)

We hung out together! Siamo uscite insieme..

We have eaten 100s of pizze together.


We had our last AFS-Intercultura camp and I had to say goodbye to the other AFS exchange students. At this point, we have known each other since September and been with each other all along the way. It's difficult to believe that when I come back to visit Italy in a few years, it won't all be the same. We won't all be living in different parts of Sardegna and be able to host each other, but we'll be back in our own countries, already stuck in the new daily grind.


2012-2013 AFS-INTERCULTURA SARDEGNA i migliori...


Calagonone is a little turisty town on the sea in Sardegna. We took a boat out on the sea and saw the beautiful caves and hidden beaches only accessible by boat or a really long hike...








Karitas!









Cala Mariolu...

The bus. I've gotten used to these.
The fruit and vegetable bus that comes yelling about its selection around my town almost every morning.



Time never seems to be graceful. Sighs of ending adventures...

No comments: