Monday, December 3, 2012

E poi dicembre inizia!

Well, November passed and left a sort of normality. I feel at home here. This is my room (at least for another seven months) that I'm writing this in.
I'm still looking for changes in my school. It's been a drawn out ordeal, and sometimes I feel like I want to go to my current one (Magistrali - different programs you can choose to study including: economics and human sciences) and other days I just want to go to liceo scientifico (scientific high school that focuses more on math and sciences).
Tomorrow I'm leaving for Amsterdam with my host sister's class. Facciamo una gita (We're going on a trip in high school with the class). It'll be a pleasant pause, but I'll still be speaking Italian and with Italians. At least for the rest of this week, school won't worry me.

Oh by the way in November, I performed songs in Sardo (the Sardinian dialect) with the local choir of my town and also songs from Senegal to entertain at a day recognizing foreigners, witnessed an Italian student strike (which seemed to me more like a parade), took a DJing course at my school, and gained a greater ability to understand Italian (Wow, 60 % overall now!). Why doesn't everyone want to be an exchange student?

Stolen from facebook! All the exchange students in Nuoro (from Thailand, Iceland, Chile, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Dominican Republic, and America), a few volunteers, and some of the Italians who went abroad with AFS last year (to Sweden, Germany, America, Thailand, and Argentina). Being an international group is awesome.


No comments: